- What percentage of the earth is covered by water?
- What sorts of signals does the brain use to communicate sensations, thoughts and actions?
- Did dinosaurs and humans ever exist at the same time?
- What is Darwin’s theory of the origin of species?
- Why does a year consist of 365 days, and a day of 24 hours?
- Why is the sky blue?
- What causes a rainbow?
- What is it that makes diseases caused by viruses and bacteria hard to treat?
- How old are the oldest fossils on earth?
- Why do we put salt on sidewalks when it snows?
(The answers, and the famous people who picked the questions, can be found by following the link above.)
As usual, some of the questions are badly formed, and others tell you more about the personal biases of the people asked to suggest questions, but it’s an interesting list of trivia. How many did you get right?